Discrimination based on pregnancy is illegal. The law prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. Pregnancy discrimination can include:
- Firing an employee because she is pregnant
- Demoting an employee because she is pregnant
- Refusing to hire an employee because she is pregnant
- Retaliation against an employee because she has filed a complaint for pregnancy discrimination
- Denying a job when an employee returns from maternity leave
- Treating a pregnant employee differently than other temporarily disabled employees
The examples set forth above do not represent all forms of pregnancy discrimination. Our firm has extensive experience in litigating discrimination claims. Our firm’s employment attorneys can help you protect your rights. If you believe you were discriminated or have any other question, contact us today or call (305) 481-9584.